Sandalwood Mosquito Sticks are the only natural, chemical free mosquito repellent on the market. They provide a beautiful and relaxing sandalwood aroma which is scientifically proven¹ to deter mosquitoes. New Mountain is 100% Australian owned and their sandalwood mosquito sticks are made from 100% Australian Sandalwood and a blend of essential oils.
The Sandalwood Diffuser is designed to spread Sandalwood Mosquito Stick repellent horizontally, creating a larger mosquito free area. Effectively distributing your Sandalwood Mosquito Stick repellent maximises your outdoor protection and makes your Sandalwood Mosquito Sticks even easier to use. A diffuser also increases the burn time of your sticks.
Available in two sizes:
- Portable is designed to suit your outdoor needs; ideal for camping, fishing and hiking. Small and easily transportable, with a spike to secure diffuser in ground. Unit is 18cm tall (excluding spike) and weighs 350g. Pack includes five Sandalwood 2 hour sticks. Portable Diffuser Sandalwood Stick Refill Packs are also available.
- Standard is stylishly designed for your outdoor entertaining areas at home. The handle allows the Sandalwood Diffuser to be moved to wherever you wish to use it, while the strong cast iron base ensures it stays upright. The Sandalwood Diffuser is designed to hold both 3 hour or 6 hour Sandalwood Mosquito Sticks. Unit is 47cm tall and weighs 1130g. Pack includes a sample of two Sandalwood 6 hour Mosquito Sticks.
Sandalwood Mosquito Sticks were developed to provide a natural mosquito repellent that is chemical free and safe around children and animals. The repellent market is full of products that are chemically based (DEET) or citronella products that contain little or no citronella and can be harmful to people. Many products simply don't work. The natural properties of sandalwood and its natural oils are what keep mosquitoes away and Sandalwood Mosquito Sticks are proven to be 76% more effective than citronella candles.
Using a diffuser makes your Sandalwood Mosquito Sticks even safer around children and pets as the burning stick is protected, the diffuser will become warm to touch, but not hot, preventing risk of burn injury.
Why a Stick?
Research showed that consumers were unhappy with mosquito coils as they broke easily and they had no option but to hold them in their hands, exposing themselves to the risk of chemicals. The stick is much more resilient and can be dropped without breakage – it’s completely safe to handle. New Mountain's experience in the Sandalwood industry in making incense sticks meant that they knew sandalwood worked well in a stick form. New Mountain Sandalwood was the first company to manufacture a mosquito repellent in the form of a stick.
Directions for use:
- Place a single stick in the diffuser with the tapered end pointing up and light end of stick.
- Place around your outdoor area.
- Keep sticks low, at ground level.
- If you don’t use a full stick in one sitting, just put it out and relight next time – no wastage.
No Sandalwood trees are cut down to make New Mountain sticks. Sandalwood from trees that have naturally died in the desert are used.
Approved by the Australian Pesticides & Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA).
¹ Ritchie et.al. 2005
Lindsay et.al. 1996