Mt. Retour Rose Otto 3% oil is an infusion of 3% Rose Otto Certified Organic Essential Oil in Certified Organic Jojoba oil. Steam distilled from the flower of the Rosa Damascena. Miller tree in Bulgaria.
Mt. Retour is an Australian company bringing you the best certified organic oils from around the world. All products are Australian Certified Organic, no animal testing, vegan friendly, no GM, no synthetic or artificial fragrances.
It is thought that this most captivating of flowers originated from the Orient before being cultivated throughout Europe. The ancient Greeks, Romans and Arabs used the rose in cosmetics, medicine and perfumery for centuries. Rose has a long-lasting sedative, sensuous smell. Rose is one of the most expensive essential oils to distill; it takes over five (5) ton of rose petals to distill just one litre of pure Rose essential oil.
Some uses and benefits include:
- Aphrodisiac properties, used by both men and women; rose is known for the romantic feeling it creates, it is a beautiful oil to use in the bath or in a burner for a romantic, intimate dinner.
- Aid to depression and stress related problems.
- Promote blood circulation. Relieve muscular and psychological pain. Strengthens the heart.
- Skin – Rose regulates hormone production so it is one of the best oils to give you a healthy beautiful glowing skin. Excellent for general skin care (especially dry, sensitive or aging skin) and helps ease wounds.
- Massage: 4 drops to 10 ml carrier oil.
- Bath: 5 drops in full drawn bath.
- Vaporiser: 9-10 drops in a bowl of vaporiser.
Not to be taken. Do not apply directly to skin. Keep out of reach of children.
Storage: Store below 30°C
An Introduction to Aromatherapy: As scents are inhaled, the smell travels across the olfactory nerves located inside the nose and then up into the part of the brain that controls our moods, our memories and our ability to learn. This area is called the Limbic System and when stimulated it releases endorphins, neurotransmitters and other 'feel-good' chemicals. What all this means is that smells have a subtle way of affecting your mind and emotions.