Mt. Retour Patchouli oil is 100% certified organic Patchouli Essential Oil, steam distilled from the dried leaves of the Pogostemon Cablin shrub in Indonesia.
Mt. Retour is an Australian company bringing you the best certified organic oils from around the world. All products are Australian Certified Organic, no animal testing, vegan friendly, no GM, no synthetic or artificial fragrances.
Patchouli oil has a rich musky-sweet, strong spicy and herbaceous smell. This particular Patchouli is dark, warm, well-aged, and has a fantastic, deep aroma.
Some uses and benefits include:
- Grounding and balancing effect on the emotions. Great for fighting depression and anxiety.
- Sedative : Calm down inflammation and hypersensitivity of nerves .
- A great deodorizing action, and helps when feeling hot and bothered.
- Antifungal and anti-bacterial, cools down inflammations.
- Great for insect bites and as an insect repellant e.g. bedbugs .
- Skin tonic: speeds up healing, fading and preventing formation of scars, alleviates rough, cracked, dehydrated skin. Also used to treat acne, eczema, sores, any fungal infections, as well as scalp disorders.
- Tones muscles and breaks down cellulite.
- Helps prevent water retention.
- Non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing, but large doses may cause loss of appetite in some individuals.
Directions : This multipurpose liquid can be used in many beneficial ways;
- Massage: 4 drops to 10 ml carrier oil .
- Bath: 5 drops in full drawn bath .
- Vaporiser: 9-10 drops in a bowl of vaporiser.
Not to be taken. Keep out of reach of children.
Storage: Store below 30°C
An Introduction to Aromatherapy: As scents are inhaled, the smell travels across the olfactory nerves located inside the nose and then up into the part of the brain that controls our moods, our memories and our ability to learn. This area is called the Limbic System and when stimulated it releases endorphins, neurotransmitters and other 'feel-good' chemicals. What all this means is that smells have a subtle way of affecting your mind and emotions.