Mt. Retour Lavender oil is 100% certified organic Lavender Essential Oil, steam distilled from the flowers of the Lavandula Angustifolia shrub in France.
Mt. Retour is an Australian company bringing you the best certified organic oils from around the world. All products are Australian Certified Organic, no animal testing, vegan friendly, no GM, no synthetic or artificial fragrances.
Lavandula angustifolia is somewhat easy to grow, but the precious essential oil derived from that variety is slightly more limited. Considered the queen of essential oils, lavender is readily used either pure, diluted or combined with other oils for a wide variety of benefits & emotional effects.
Some uses and benefits include:
- Alleviates flu and relieves respiratory congestion.
- Skin care – especially for sensitive, dry or acne prone skin
- Headaches – rub a drop or two on the temples for a tension / headache relief.
- Burns – The anti-inflammatory property soothes sunburn and minor burns.
- Insect Repellent/Bites and Stings – Repel bugs and takes the sting away from bites.
- Congestion/Asthma – Anti-spasmodic (muscular contraction) and anti-inflammatory effects make lavender good for respiratory support. Suitable for children too.
- Dandruff - Add a few drops to your regular shampoo for a balancing and moisturising dandruff treatment.
- Insomnia / nervous tension – Anti-stress, a few drops in a burner at night will help you relax and sleep better.
- Massage: 4 drops to 10 ml carrier oil.
- Bath: 5 drops in full drawn bath .
- Vaporiser: 9-10 drops in a bowl of vaporiser.
Not to be taken. Keep out of reach of children.
Storage: Store below 30°C
An Introduction to Aromatherapy: As scents are inhaled, the smell travels across the olfactory nerves located inside the nose and then up into the part of the brain that controls our moods, our memories and our ability to learn. This area is called the Limbic System and when stimulated it releases endorphins, neurotransmitters and other 'feel-good' chemicals. What all this means is that smells have a subtle way of affecting your mind and emotions.