Your Cart(0)

Living Honey - 50mm Beeswax Candle

Price $13.20

Living Honey Candles are made on Kangaroo Island from 100% raw Australian beeswax with a square braid cotton wick. This 50mm wide candle will provide a burn time of approximately 34 hours.

Beeswax is made by honeybees and is all natural, non-toxic, non-polluting, non-allergenic and has a delicious naturally honey-sweet aroma which is released as it burns. Beeswax candles burn brighter, longer and cleaner than any other candle. The flame emits essentially the same light spectrum as the sun.

Beeswax produces negative ions that are known to clean your air of odors, pollens, smoke, dust, dust mites, viruses and other allergens and hazards - the only known fuel to do so and invigorate the body.

Beeswax candles leave your air fresher and cleaner - they are a true air purifier. They are the only candle suitable for anyone with chemical sensitivities or allergies. Increasing negative ions in the air improves mood and sense of wellbeing.

With increased negative ions, studies show: 

  • Improved air quality
  • Improved sleep
  • Enhanced immune system
  • Relief from hay fever and allergies

Most commercial candles are made of poisonous chemicals. Paraffin is a petroleum industry waste that is bleached and mixed with other poisonous chemicals to form a wax. Often candles are highly scented with artificial, synthetic oils and marketed to "freshen" our precious air. They don't actually freshen or deodorize anything, they just mask smells with chemicals stronger and dangerous to our health.

"Aromatherapy" candles may be some of the worst, and marketing takes advantage of using nice names like "harmony", "rejuvenation" and "bliss". Some companies use good quality essential oils and focus our attention on that fact, but they are in a paraffin candle.

Paraffin candles are known to release carcinogens like benzene and toluene. When burned, they release toxins and black soot as harmful to our health as second-hand tobacco smoke. Just try breathing directly over a lit paraffin candle and you'll know immediately how poisonous it is.

Vegetable waxes such as soy and palm are a great improvement over chemical candles in all terms, but as an aesthetic matter, they burn at a very low temperature and give off a cold light. Also, though quite clean-burning, they do not possess the same qualities as beeswax.





411 Magill Road St Morris, SA 5068 Australia (08) 8333 3478

We Accept...

We Accept Visa We Accept Mastercard We Accept PayPal