Goodbye, garbagey smell. See ya later, fruit flies. Say hello to the new Fresh Air odour-free kitchen Compost Collector. Unlike sealed compost containers, the Fresh Air allows oxygen to easily flow through your kitchen waste, allowing for aerobic breakdown. This means that food decomposes more slowly and stays drier during the composting process. The result? Less mess, less odour and no flies in your kitchen! The ideal way to collect your kitchen scraps and food waste for your compost or green waste bin.
Made from recycled plastic and partially recycled steel. Available in classic, stylish black & white.
- Easy to empty, easy to clean
- Includes 5 compostable bags, additional bags are available here.
- Size is approx 23.5cm x 29.5cm x 22cm
- Nice and compact for the kitchen bench or under the sink
What's so great about composting?
For starters, there really is nothing better for soil than compost. It not only loosens clay soils, but it helps sandy soils retain water. Best of all, it contains no petroleum-based compounds, as many commercial fertilisers do. Gardens that use compost produce much higher yields of healthy fruits, vegetables and flowers.
What if I don't have a yard? Maybe you live in a city apartment or in a home without a yard. Our cities are getting more progressive every day, and it's more than likely that yours has a community composting center. Check out your local council for resources in your area.
Here's a list of household items that can be composted:
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Most food scraps (but not bones)
- Coffee grounds and filters
- Tea and tea bags
- Crushed eggshells (but not eggs)
- Cardboard boxes, brown paper bags
- Clean paper
- Paper towels
- Shredded newspaper
- Fireplace ashes
- Wood chips, sawdust,
- Toothpicks, burnt matches
- Cotton and wool rags
- Dryer and vacuum cleaner lint
- Grass clippings, yard trimmings
- Hair and fur Hay and straw