At last, a complete head lice treatment & prevention range for your kids' hair. Complete with organic shampoo, leave-in conditioner, treatment products & accessories, use the organic eco.kid range to get the head lice OUT of your child's hair and KEEP THEM OUT!
Eco.kid Prevent Daily Shampoo is a gentle plant derived shampoo specifically formulated to use everyday on young skin. In one step you can cleanse deeply and help to make hair unattractive to head lice; providing excellent peace of mind when a high probability of head lice exposure exists. The probability of head lice exposure increases during autumn and winter when children spend more time inside with other children. Contact in the classroom, active outbreaks, school camps, sleepovers, etc. all increase the risk of head lice infestation.
Prevent contains no artificial preservatives, colouring or fragrances. It is readily biodegradable, waterway friendly and is suitable for use by adults and children over the age of three years.
Prevent Shampoo gently cleanses the hair without damaging the sensitive balance of natural oils on the scalp. This is achieved by using a solvent “dry-cleaning” action instead of a detergent action.
Eco.kid’s primary cleansing system is the botanical cleansing complex derived from 100% pure essential oils.
Directions: Apply a small amount to wet hands. Work over the hands first and then disperse through the hair as evenly as possible beginning at the nape.
When to use it: Suitable for everyday use on children over three years old. Follow with your usual conditioner in the bath or shower, or simply spray with eco.kid Daily Tonic Leave-in Conditioner after washing.
When not to use it: Prevent Shampoo is not suitable to cleanse off eco.kid Lice Bomb treatment. Prevent shampoo and Lice Bomb both contain pure essential oils in high quantities. This may cause temporary discomfort to some skin and therefore we do not suggest using Prevent shampoo on the same day as Lice Bomb. Do not use if there is a known sensitivity to any essential oils. A test patch should be carried out prior to use on sensitive or infant skin.
Results: Provides effective cleansing for frequent use and is exceptionally gentle on hair, resulting in tangle free combing and body.
- all hair types including delicate, fine hair that becomes easily tangled; naturally curly, coarse textured hair; unruly hair; normal, oily or dry scalps;
- making hair unattractive to head lice;
- daily use during warmer weather when head lice reproduce more quickly;
- maximum assistance during head lice outbreaks at school; and
- children over three years old.
- Cleanses with 100% pure essential oils.
- Adds strength to fine, brittle hair.
- Gently cleanses curly hair to prevent frizzies.
- Assists in the prevention of dry hair and scalp.
- Easy combing after shampooing.
- Free of Parabens, Artificial preservative, artificial fragrance and artificial colouring.
- >95% plant derived, organically certified and/or wild harvested ingredients.
- Readily biodegradable.
- Natural plant moisturisers and wheat peptides.
- Waterway friendly.
- Natural “dry-cleaning” system not a detergent system.
- Smells nice to us but not nice for head lice.
Key flower and plant ingredients:
- Lemon-scented Myrtle, Lemon-scented Tea Tree, Aniseed Myrtle/Aniseed Oil, Eucalyptus Radiata, Citrus Peel extract and a unique Melaleuca Tea Tree Blend provides primary fragrant notes and smell nice to us but not nice for head lice. Further, this cocktail of essences assists as a natural preservative within the formulation and creates the unique botanical cleansing complex.
- Australian Blue Cypress and Australian Sandalwood Oil act as natural preservatives.
- Purified Natural Wheat Peptides act to reduce hair breakage and repair damaged hair.
Ingredients: Coco-Glucoside (Coconut)*, Capric/Caprylic Glucoside (Coconut)*, Coco-Glucoside and Glyceryl Oleate (Coconut)*, Aqua (Spring Water)*, Dicaprylyl Ether and Lauryl Alcohol (Coconut)*, “Botanical Complex” (Cocos Nucifera, d’Limonene, Melaleuca Quinquenervia, Leptospermum Petersonii, Backhousia Citriodora, Backhousia Anisata, Pimpinella Anisum, Eucalyptus Radiata, Mentha Piperita, Citrus Paradisi, Santalum Spicatum, Callitris Intratropica)*, Hydrolysed Wheat Protein*, Lactic Acid, Dehydroxanthan Gum (Corn), Lecithin (and) Tocopherol (Vit E) (and) Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vit C) (and) Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides Citrate, Citral†, Geraniol†, Linalool†, Farnesol†, Citronellol†, Eugenol†, Nerolina†
>6% pure essential oils.
Synthetic and paraben free formula
>95% wild harvested/certified organic/pure plant essences
Caution: Do not use on children under two years old without medical advice. Pregnant mothers should always seek medical advice before using head lice treatments. USE ONLY AS DIRECTED. For external use only.